Mareck Center for Dance
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Columbia, MO
Position Status: Part time (25-30 hours/week for 45-48 weeks/year)
Salary: Hourly dependent on experience
Schedule: Mondays-Fridays 10a-3p. Weekends and evenings as needed for special events.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of tasks that help facilitate the smooth operations of Mareck Center for Dance. The Administrative Assistant is employed part-time and works an average of 25 hours per week with additional evening and weekend hours required when deemed necessary for special events, and scheduled with advance notice. The right candidate is self-motivated, organized, and able to complete work efficiently with autonomy.
Mareck Center for Dance, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is the only professional ballet company in mid-Missouri and a leading arts non-profit in the community. We create and present world-class dance productions and provide educational opportunities through outreach programs and the Mareck Center for Dance.
Examples of responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for managing telephone, email and face-to-face inquiries about Mareck Center for Dance
- Accurately dispense information regarding performances, fundraisers, and events
- Organize and schedule outreach performances at venues including, but not limited to: schools, assisted living homes and local events.
- Maintain strong community relationships as a positive and engaging point of contact for patrons and donors
- Collect and record all payments and donations received from performances, fundraisers and special events in quickbooks
- Process and mail receipts and thank you’s from all events in a timely manner
- Take inventory and maintain stock of pointe shoes for Mareck Center for Dance professional dancers
- Keep regular, open line of communication with the Artistic/Executive Director and Associate Executive Director
- Communicate and implement new ideas for the progression of the company
- Exhibit strong professional work ethic/professional demeanor and behavior
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Strong administrative skills and experience are required
- Dependable, patient, accountable and adaptable
- Self-disciplined with ability to organize work and set priorities, working independently and as a member of a team
- Work well in hectic environments
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow staff members, patrons and donors
- Excellent verbal, written, problem solving, and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (email, google drive, excel, quickbooks) required
- Must have reliable transportation
- Applicants are subject to background check
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
- 2+ years administrative experience
- Familiarity and passion for nonprofits and the arts